It got a lot Better! Time to Sail.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
June 20th 2012
Published: June 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Dan Dan Dan

Just before departure.
What a difference a day can make! When I woke up this morning, had a couple cups of coffee and was able to relax, I felt a thousand times better than last night. I was one miserable son of a bitch last night. The older I get the more I enjoy a leisurely start to the day. Today, everything went as planned. We boarded the ship, the Island Princess, around 1:00 and started getting acclimated to our room and the ship.

I was skeptical about the whole cruise idea so I'll see if I like it. The scenery all around Vancouver is really beautiful. We are all excited about the upcoming adventures now that the worst seems to be over. The weather in Vancouver today was beautiful, sunny and about 70 degrees. The locals said it's a bit rare to see that much sun. Our first full day of cruising is all at sea. Our first port will be Ketchikan Friday morning. We get to relax and enjoy the amenities of the ship for the next day or so.

We started buying buckets of beer out on the open deck and did a prettty good job of lowering the
Our FansOur FansOur Fans

Waving goodbye to us.
ship's weight by emptying quite a few bottles. The Alaskan Amber was the most popular choice of several we tried. This led to a really good buffet dinner followed by watching a great Paul McCartney concert film on the outdoor big screen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Float PlaneFloat Plane
Float Plane

One of Many Flying out of Vancouver.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb