Chinook - (Banff to Vancouver)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
June 25th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a day of relaxing in Banff town, we got on the moose network again - this time the Chinook tour Banff to Vancouver via Revelstoke & Kelowna. This bus had 4 Japs, 2 Swis and 2 Auz's. After meeting these people I think that i have found a new vocation in life - teaching swear words and English slang (and this is from a Welsh person that English people find it hard to understanding - what chance to foreigners have!?!). I taught the Japs the difference between funny and fanny and that the 2 words were VERY different, the difference between rocks and sucks and many more that CANNOT be published. When they understood something new, they sounded like the aliens in the coin operated machine in toy story - oooohhhhhhh! VERY FUNNY!! Mand on the other hand was trying to teach them how to play pool. Those who know her know that she's crap at playing, so after teaching them on how to play they obviously bet her!!! One successful thing we found out was the Auz's version of "Billy no-mates" is "Nigel no-friends".

The Chinook tour was pretty lame. We saw some nice sites, but after the rockies tour this one wasn't worth the money so we have decided to make our own way to Victoria Island instead of using the tour operator.

We could only stay in Vancouver 1 night as the hostel was pretty damn awful. Next day we made our own way to Victoria which is where we are now. We have decided to stay here 4 days as its V.nice and have seen Seals in the water and its Canada day on the 1st of July and every hostel and hotel is fully booked.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb