Canada Week four


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
December 9th 2010
Published: December 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mum and Dad arrived on Staurday night so I headed to their hotel on Sunday morning, was so great to see them and we went for a good breakfast before doing a long walk around Stanley Park. In the evening we went to a nice restuarant and then I headed back to Bob And Tracey's. On the Monday we took the boat accross to North Vancouver and then caught the bus up to Lynn Cayon to do some walks around the forest. The weather wasn't brilliant but under the tree's it was pretty dry. We then had lunch back at the port in the market and looked aorund the little stalls and shops in the market place. On Tuesday Mum and Dad had a trip to Whistler so me and Katy went to the Mall and shopped for bits for New Zealand and some last Christmas presents. On Wednesday met Mum and Dad and went on the little boat accross to Granville island. We walked around he bay to the museum's and then back to Granville island for lunch and a look around the shops and market. On Thursday we walked around the Gas town area of town and looked in lots of litte tourist shops, had a nice lunch in cafe and saw the famous steam clock, we then met Tracey and Katy at the pub for a drink before going to the Christmas market, it was the first year Vancouver had had a German Christmas market and it was tiny but had a Christmas feeling and some good mulled wine. We then had a meal and Justin joined us as well. On Friday it was a sort out day and helping tracey to get ready for the meal that was planned for the evening. Mum and dad came to Treacy and Bob's along with Jean and Connor and Kevin and we had a yummy meal. On Saturday mum and dad's last day I met them downtown for the last time and the weather was nice and sunny so we went down to the harbour and had some great views across to the mountains. Then after a late lunch it was time to say goodbye. A very enjoyable week and a nice suprise to see mum and dad. On Sunday it was a case of packing and heading to the airport for a long flight to New Zealand where we were to meet up with Beth again.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb