Miller Around the World Day 2


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
October 1st 2010
Published: October 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Vi and I had breakfast at the hotel then repacked everything. Met the group in the lobby and started introducing ourselves. Most of our fellow adventurers are older with some exceptions. Many have been on Travel Guild trips before and have nothing but good things to say about them. Rumour has it that there is a problem with Katmandu and we need to change planes to get there.  

Shuttle to the airport. Landmark terminal completely disconnected from the main terminals.  While waiting to board we examined our plane, a retrofitted 737, and chatted with our fellow travelers. We also met Ben Sr., who started the business many years ago and has now passed it on to his son. He's 91and as sharp as a tack, able to pull names and stories of distant places out of a hat.
 
The interior of the plane is spatious, with 4 rows of first-class seats and ample leg room. We had an uneventful flight to Vancouver, lots of food and drink.  From the airport the shuttle took us to the Marriot downtown not far from the main harbor and the Olympic torch.  Violet and I relaxed/dozed in our room for a couple of hours then came downstairs for a gala dinner preceded by an open bar.  Terrific meal of grilled salmon and excellent music by a couple of young musicians who played "Hot Six" jazz.  Introductions and speeches. Big news was that the change of plane has prevented us from going to Katmandu because of certification and we are going instead to Kuala Lampour. Everyone is OK with the change.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.2264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb