it's time!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
December 9th 2004
Published: December 9th 2004
Edit Blog Post

#1 item on my 2005 new year's resolution: never procrastinate ever again!

i did all my packing today. i woke up in the morning with an empty backpack and a number of other stuff to do before i can actually go.

i barely made it.

by 16:30 i was ready to go. my backpack was full. i think i may have overpacked:

- First Aid Kit
- 5 shorts
- 13 underwears
- 14 undershirts (t-shirts, etc...)
- 11 overshirts (polo shirts, etc...)
- 6 pants
- 14 pairs of socks
- 3 compact "vacuum" bags
- 2 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of sandals
- 2 books (David Suzuki Reader and The Alchemist)
- backpack (75L Osprey Crescent - Blue)
- day pack (blue)
- 2 quick dry towels
- insurance
- 2 hats
- lots more... (not finished with my inventory - will add later)

i'm glad the only thing i forgot is the rain cover for my backpack.

my 18:40 flight to LA was delayed . got to LAX late. had to rush to another terminal to catch the Qantas flight to Melbourne . the whole terminal was a big mess - people everywhere outside the building. to my horror, that was the lineup to the security area. it must have been a kilometer long, winding back and forth inside the building, finding its way outside, out to the streets! good thing the Qantas agents got me in and through the security check quickly.

i had a great sleep in the plane. i must have had a good six-hour uninterrupted sleep. by the time we landed, about 15 hours later, i felt rested. it was 09:30 in melbourne on the 11th.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb