High definition make up, ice hockey and snow


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
January 30th 2008
Published: January 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

mmmmmmmmm

Do I need HD makeup?
I thought that the post before this one would be the final Vancouver post, but I have to squeeze in one more, for a few reasons: the snow, the ice hockey and high definition makeup.

First up, I totally forgot to mention that we went to the Ice Hockey with Tim and Barb, Brian and Barb, Heather and Brett. We went to see the Giants, which is the second league team, but if you don’t know too much about hockey, these guys are equally, or even more entertaining to watch as the Canucks would be. (The Canucks is Vancouver’s first league team). A lot of them are trying to get noticed and picked for the first league team, so they put a lot into their game - plus they are young, testosterone pumped and fighting fit. Fighting being the operative word - there was even one stage where gloves and helmets were thrown off to the side and I temporarily thought we were watching a boxing match. The referees just stood there and let them tire each other out before they broke it up. Other highlights included blimps flying over head and dropping “prizes”, and a big hot tub wheeled
Found this in the Lynn CanyonFound this in the Lynn CanyonFound this in the Lynn Canyon

on a walk with Tim and Barb.
in to the center of the ice field at half time for the crowd to throw pucks in to (if your puck gets in the hot tub you get a chance to win it). It is a great game though, and so much better to see it live than on a TV screen.

We also had time to squeeze in a lazy walk with Tim and Barb in Lynn Canyon, so I got to say goodbye to those beautiful crystal green rivers and tall rain soaked mossy forests. The pool at one spot we stopped looked so enticing, I was very close to diving into it, but my wisdom got the better of me. If only you could have rivers that enticing green colour in a hot climate - pity that the colour comes from being glacial-fed, so it is not to be.

Now back to the present - it is bucketing down with snow right now. While frost bite warnings are issued in other parts of the country (along the lines of “Don’t leave the house with any exposed skin, or it and possibly you will die), we Vancouverites simply have a few schools close down and slowed public transport, so no complaints. And yeah, it is cold, but not minus 40, at least, as it is in other parts of Canada. It is actually pretty exciting to see familiar landscapes transform into white wonderlands. I thought I’d put some pictures up to show family that have been here in balmier times how much it has changed!

Before I go - I don’t know if high definition make up has made its way down to Australia’s ports and shores yet, but if not - be warned: it is only a matter of time! Web 2.0 and High-def TV, move aside, for makeup 2.0. I am serious. From Cargo’s blu-ray Collection to Dior’s High Definition Serum Foundation, North America really is the land of beautifying opportunity! This stuff is all designed to withstand the merciless magnifying glass of high resolution cameras (especially those ones that you can zoom in and enlarge, so that all your friends can look at your ghastly pores). And the descriptions of this stuff all sound more like they are promoting new digital media than make up. “Liquid crystal pigments which reflect light by following their “constantly varying wavelengths and providing a unique hologram effect.” (Words courtesy of Dior). If holograms aren’t your thing, you could opt for Cargo’s blu ray collection instead which has “photochromatic pigments” for “optical blurring”!!! Have you guys back home seen commercials for this kind of thing yet, or is it ‘only in America’? I am intrigued!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Tim at Lynn CanyonTim at Lynn Canyon
Tim at Lynn Canyon

While Tim was contemplating walking the tree, I was contemplating diving in to the beautiful crystal pool.
Our backyardOur backyard
Our backyard

And here's some snowy pics for you...
A school busA school bus
A school bus

going no where
A treeA tree
A tree

out side the rec center


31st January 2008

dont leave!!!
I cant believe your finally finally leaving... woah... the snow looks rediculous. Considering its high high 30s here... must be fun but. I dont think i could controll myself not to make snowballs constantly. x
31st January 2008

HD Make up
Hi Dahns - thanks for the snow blog!! Snow has sure transformed East St. And I have never heard of HD make-up - but then I am a make up illiterate, so what would I know?? Sorry to hear about the accident with Paul this is a very sad thing. Best of luck with packing up and moving on - will be thinking of you lots over the next few days. Its good that you are escaping from that dangerous Canada place!!

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb