Vancouver to HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The last short flight of our trip saw us landing at Vancouver then standing in line for a whole 2 hours just to get through immigration!!! Almost as long as the flight itself!! We were kept amused though by a couple of rather loud and well off "Oh my GOD!" American families - you know, the ones who take the nannies with them even if they're only going skiing in Whistler for a few days...

We eventually made our way through immigration and into our cab to our hotel, right in the middle of downtown Vancouver, the first thing we noticed was how flipping freezing cold it was compared to EVERYWHERE!!!!! We both shivered as we got out of taxi and couldn't wait to get indoors to warm up again - Stu was wearing shorts too. Doh! Our hotel was really nice, cheap too considering where we were - slap bang in the middle of the shopping district - much to Kerry's delight! (Ok, Stu didn't mind either..) We had a bit of a walk around, had a nosey at a few shops and managed to see the mountains in the distance - snow capped, obviously, as it really was that cold! It started to get dark so we went back to the hotel and chilled out for the rest of the night.

The rest of our time in Vancouver was pretty much of a muchness as we didn't have much money left and the weather took a turn for the worse with rain, rain and a bit more rain! We ended up mainly watching movies, going to the local science museum, scouring shops for absolute bargains and eating cheap meals!! Shame we couldn't get out to explore the area as it was quite picturesque when the sun came out! Never mind eh?!!

We left for the airport on Friday the 6th April at around 5pm-ish for our 9hr flight home.. It started to hit us how quickly the time had just zipped by.. We had mixed emotions, happy and excited to see our family and friends again (Kerry had also been missing her bath and washing machine terribly) but at the same time, we were a little sad to be finally coming to the end of our amazing adventure - and having to start work again... Booooo!!!! :-(

We landed at Heathrow at around 2pm on Saturday and were met by Stu's Mum & Dad and on the way home shared lots of tales of journeys and things that we just hadn't had time to put in the blog!! We got to our house at about 7pm, Stu carried Kez across the threshold and we both collapsed in a heap (of 6 months worth of mail) on the bed and slept! It was very strange to be back home again, it seemed like we'd hardly been away at all!!

The jetlag from the last few weeks of time zone crossing proved to be a bit of a bind - we'd been back three days and ended up staying up all night on one occasion because we just weren't tired enough! Thank goodness for 24 Tesco's, we got the weekly shop done at 4am!:-)

Well, that's about it for our adventures in blogging, thanks to everyone who left messages and comments, all have been greatly appreciated, it means a lot when you're so far away from home, we're just sorry we couldn't reply personally to everyone!!! Suppose all that's left to say is thanks again and we'll see you soon!!!!

TTFN,

Mr
Pretty patternsPretty patternsPretty patterns

(by Kerry from Mongolia)
& Mrs.C
xxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Nice weatherNice weather
Nice weather

Can you see the mountains for the clouds?


12th April 2007

home sweet home
arrrrrrrrrr its been a pleasure being able to see what you have been up to through your travels. we are so happy that you have had the time of your life and you kept us all up to date with everything..... bit like the trueman show eh mate. wishing you all the happyness, have a real happy marriage and will see you for a knees up and celebration on the 7th july 2007. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb