Going, going, gone!


Advertisement
Published: August 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

7:20pm (PST)

Had a little wine and cheese to get the trip started and then when we boarded the plane John became very excited b/c our seats resembled his green lay-z-boy days. Apparently, cheapo Air Cda bought the plane from Scandinavian airlines and if this is any indication of how Europe does things then we may never come back! Taking a Gravol now so John can have some peace and quiet and I can be well rested to try out my new accent. I've never been somewhere where I've had an accent. Soon we'll be foreigners.

10:30pm (PST)

So I'm back! Who can sleep when it's Christmas Day?! The view when we left was stunning. The sun was shining while we ascented towards the North Shore and we waved goodbye again to everyone while we flew over the city. We've since had champagne, eaten some filet o' beef, cleansed the palate with some port and cheese, had a little foot mist and facial spritz from our Air Cda toiletry pack, received an invitation to fast track through Heathrow customs and watched "Hitch" (a nice romantic, typically cheesy airline movie - enjoy)! I don't mean to sound like a redneck (seriously John and I have travelled on planes before - although you wldn't know it by this account) but this international biz class is like airline travel was back in the Wardair days. Way way back when the cost of a ticket actually bought you something.

Anyhoo, best to take that gravol now. I'm just such a giddy girl on this pseudo-Christmas day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb