Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a fairly quick flight from Tokyo (8 hours goes quickly when you can chose you own movies on your own tv screen and play computer games) we landed in Vancouver. We arrived at about 9am.

The Canadian Customs was a bit more serious, they all wear bullet proof vests in the airport. They checked where we were coming from and what passports we were travelling on and waved us past. Then we completed immigration and collected our luggage before completing the working holiday visa stuff, which has been of no use anyway as we decided not to work at all.
Next we took a taxi with a crazy Indian driver to our hotel.

Vancouver isnt all that pretty. Its mostly dirty and you can tell from the streets that the city has a drug problem. I think our hotel was in the red light district!!

We headed out to dinner at a bazillian BBQ - with all you can eat salads and every kind of meat on big skewers cooked on a bbq then served at your table onto you plate until you cant fit any more. The brazillian dancers were also pretty spectacular.

The next day we took a bus downtown and looked around, before taking a bus up to Stanley park and visiting the Vancouver Acquarium - complete with Beluga whales.






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb