Day 9 Vancouver


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 9

14/05/2019

Vancouver



We woke up to a grey raining day in Vancouver. Looking out the room window and we could see a large number of umbrellas with legs moving around the foreshore. This changed our plans as we had not counted on it being so wet. We had planned to walk to Stanley Park to take in the views of the city and the harbour, but we decided that we would get terribly wet and cold so revert to the rainy day alternative – indoor activities. We headed down to the eatery to start the day off with a coffee and decision as to what we would do. Off we went to Canada Place to have a look at what it had. We found a simulated ride called FlyOver Canada. It was a fabulous ride that made you feel as though you were flying over all parts of Canada from the Rocky Mountains to the farmlands and the various states. It was a great ride that showed some of the highlights of Canada. From there we decided that the other wet day activity was shopping. Off we went and found a large shopping mall where we took refuge from the wet and cold. We browsed the shops and found the candle shop Bath and Body Works. We cannot find the time in Melbourne to get to Chadstone to check it out, so why not here. We head back to the room in the early evening so that we could pack the cases for the cruise tomorrow. We didn’t feel like dinner so headed out for a short walk and stopped in at a little Gellato restaurant and had a drink and a gelato whilst watching the sun set. Early to bed so that I can get up to watch the ms Volendam dock at 7 am outside our window.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.3kb