Day 8: Vancouver, British Columbia - All aboard...


Advertisement
Published: December 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, August 10th, 2016

Day 8: Vancouver, British Columbia - All aboard...



The next morning, during breakfast I found out that our Mom was worried and frantically calling everyone the night before to see if Renata and I came back from the party. She did not even bother to check our room. She only realized, we were sound asleep when my uncle heard me coughing in the night. Oh! The joys of going on vacation with your parents!



Today is the beginning of our Alaskan cruise. With our bags pact, we made our way to the Vancouver Waterfront to board our cruise ship, the Holland American Volendam. After going through customs and getting our luggage checked in, a couple of us headed to a nearby Japa Dog stand that my brother, Brennan discovered on our way to the Cruise terminal.



Japa Dog, is a small chain of street food stands that sell hot dogs infused with Japanese style ingredients. I got a Terimayo Dog. A Hot Dog with Teriyaki sauce, mayo and seaweed. Yum!





After the delicious hot dog, we said goodbye to our cousin, Joseph who was leaving to go back to Toronto. We then headed back to the cruise ship. After some emergency drills, meeting the cruise director and the onboard entertainment and playing a late night game of scrabble it was time to call it a night. Tomorrow, we will explore the wonders of the inside passage!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb