No tomatoes!


Advertisement
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Decided we would try a cheap breakfast, so we opted for the Denny's across the street from our hotel. Well obviously, cheap doesn't apply to food here. The prices were almost double of what we pay in Pennsylvania! lol I ATTEMPTED to order the "Salsa Denny" without tomatoes and the Asian waiter said to me a couple of times, "There's no meat on it" I was like "OK, that's fine. I know that". (there was no meat on it in the first place) He kept giving me weird looks about eating it like that. Finally I said, "I'll take the "breakfast grand slam instead". He seemed to be pleased with that choice!?! Then he also tried to order me pancakes instead of beacon, which made absolutely no sense to me, since it seemed he wanted me to have meat! I would have never thought that ordering at Denny's could be so difficult!

We then walked to Waterworks Station to purchase transit tickets for the sea bus/bus to North Vancouver. $2.50 was the price for any type of transit taken within 1.5 hours which doesn't seem bad; but if you are at a destination for more than this, 2.50 can add
View from the sea busView from the sea busView from the sea bus

on the way to North Vancouver
up. Also, there is NO public bathroom at the station, so we had to walk to a shopping area across the street. A woman approached us and asked for money. I said "Oh NO", so she went & approached other people. We boarded the sea bus to which everyone crowded to the front with the big window for the view of Vancouver. It was about a 15 minute ride and we then found the bus and were able to use the same ticket.

We got off at the CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE with the admission almost the price of an amusement park at $26.95. It was crowded being a beautiful day without rain and had much to see. Upon entering, there is a display and then a couple Totem Poles and beautiful flowers in bloom. You then come upon the entrance to the bridge. It's pretty impressive at 230 foot high and 450 foot across, plus it sways the entire time and worsens when in the middle! There is also a Tree Top Adventure (with a Tree house) with 6 more suspension bridges put together between trees that are shorter and about 100 foot high and 650 foot long. There was no limit as to how many people could be on any of the bridges, although there are workers on both sides of the main bridge. There was also a huge Douglas Fir Tree appropriately named "Big Doug" and another large support tree named "The Big One". lol We were here for about 3 hours. The seating areas were filled by the eateries so we left and had a late lunch at a restaurant across the street called the Bridge House. It was a pretty place that looked like a house with flowers decorating the front. Again, a little bit expensive but the Italian with ham and capicola on focaccia bread was pretty good. As we sat in the back room, our entertainment was 2 young Asian girls with their father attempting to do cartwheels. Probably not Olympic hopefuls. We paid $2.50 for the bus ride back to the sea bus area but then had to pay another $2.50 for the sea bus. We didn't get a ticket from the bus driver. I couldn't understand why we paid double on the way back. Oh well. Again there was another mad rush for the front of the sea bus.

It was still rather early in the day, about 4pm, so we decided to go to Stanley Park. From the station, there was no bus that went to the park. We had to walk to Pender Street and wait for bus #19 to take us there. This ended up being another adventure...



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

DangerDanger
Danger

one woman did drop her child, so watch out!


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb