Greetings from Canada


Advertisement
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Laura and I are currently in Vancouver, Canada - preparing for our trip through the Rocky mountains. We arrived here on Tuesday, having flown from Chicago. Yesterday we went on the suspension bridge over Lynn Canyon Park, walked down Granville and Robson Streets, saw the Totem Poles in Stanley Park and the steam clock in Gastown.

Chicago was a fun place and we liked it a lot there. We didn't do much as we were only there for one full day, but we managed to fit in Lincoln Park Zoo, Sears Tower, The Magnificent Mile, the beaches on Lake Michigan and of course the Cheesecake Factory!!! We also had a deep pan Chicago Town Pizza!

We traveled to Chicago on the Greyhound bus from Detroit, having spent the previous week with Jim and Carone - friends from Ford. During the week we went swimming in a local lake, visited the Henry Ford Museum and helped assemble a swimming pool - twice!!! Our first attempted resulted in the pool collapsing under its own weight and dumping 5662 gallons of water all over the garden - very funny until we realised that it may be flooding the basement. So the next day Jim hatched a plan to level the garden to ensure it didn't happen again. So we spent the morning shoveling dirt and destroying the lawn!!

To update you further from the other blog entries - from Montreal we traveled to Toronto and then onto Niagara Falls. Toronto was just like any other major city really, lots of office blocks with a few things to do. We did go on a brewery tour, where we managed to get lots of free drink and went up the CN tower. We also saw the Toronto Argonauts Football team play - they got beat and we didn't think it was as good as the baseball! Niagara Falls was amazing. We went on the Maid of the Mist boat and waked behind the falls. The town itself was a lot like Brighton with all of the amusements, but this didn't really change the fact that the falls were brilliant.

We walked over the bridge from Canada to America and caught the bus to Buffalo, where we spent a random day not seeing many people. We did have Buffalo wings for dinner though and watched the sunset over Lake Erie. We then caught an early bus to Detroit the following day.

I think that updates everyone with where we've been so far.

Chris and Laura



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



20th August 2007

really good blog
Really liking the blog and pics so far, keep them coming...

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb