VANCOUVER LAST DAY


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGECAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGECAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE

The boys in the park!
Our last day in Vancouver today, has been sensational with gorgeous weather. Had a meet up with the rest of our tour last night for dinner at our hotel, all aussies on our tour. This morning up early and got the shuttle out to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Park and rain forest - that was great as we arrived early not too many people - spent 2-3 hours there doing a few walks and soaking up the atmosphere, fantastic park but the heights were not good for me, we had a lot of laughs - think we are still so tired - we are delirious! Then we decided to get another bus up the mountain to Grouse Mountain and took the gondola and then the chair lift up to the peak of the mountain - sensational views over Vancouver. They have two grizzly bears in this park - they have a huge area to wander in - but all the outside has electric fence so they don't venture out into the public areas - all I wanted to see was a grizzly and now I am happy to have seen two of them!! Watched a group doing zip lining - not our cup of tear but great to watch. Late arvo caught the bus back into Vancouver and walked back to our hotel. The hotel has a courtesy car, so asked at the desk if it was free, it was! The driver took us to a bar that was recommended to us on Granville Island, Sand Bar and then onto Bridges Bar for a couple of beers in the lovely sunshine - felt very spoilt rocking up to the Sand Bar in the beautiful Bentley! We were offered it on our first night but got way laid out and about. Back to the hotel to freshen up and then a private gourmet dinner down on Granville Island prepared with local produce prepared by a special guest chef - sounds interesting - it is absolutely hopeless trying to lose weight on this trip already!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

A REAL GRIZZLYA REAL GRIZZLY
A REAL GRIZZLY

All Gloria wanted to see! Mission accomplished!
CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGECAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE
CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE

Up and down, round and round the park!
CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGECAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE
CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE

Crossing a bit wobbly, don't like heights!!
VANCOUVERVANCOUVER
VANCOUVER

From Grouse Mountain


Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb