Thanksgiving Weekend


Advertisement
Published: October 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Saturday: Sylvia and Mark walked the sea wall all around Stanley Park, I met them partway in time for lunch at the Tea House. In mid-afternoon we headed out with a bus day pass downtown to the Skytrain to the Main Street neighborhood to a knitting store for Sylvia. We stopped off at a bistro for appetizers and drinks, a bookstore, then back to the Skytrain to go across the bay to Richmond for the last weekend of the Night Market. The market was fun but turned out to be mostly Asian food and vendor stalls. An experience to be sure. Back at the Sylvia Hotel we finished with a drink and snacks.

Sunday: Off to Victoria. The tour bus picked us up near the hotel, drove to the bus station to pick up more passengers, drove the 30+ miles to the ferry, drove on to the ferry while we got seats on deck 6. The crossing to Victoria was about 90 minutes with beautiful views of the islands and coastlines, then we got back on the bus and drove the 30 miles to the city. After a quick lunch we spent the remainder of the afternoon at the Royal British Columbia Museum with a great introduction to the First Nations of the area.

Monday: Today was Thanksgiving in Canada, a holiday celebrating with family and turkey dinners. It was pretty quiet in the city with lots of things closed. We figured out the holiday bus schedule and went outside the city to Butchart Gardens which were quite beautiful. Dinner tonight at an Irish pub.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 998.6kb