Wed - Trip to Vancouver Island


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver Island » Nanaimo
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We loaded the car this morning and finally got underway about 9 am headed for Victoria, British Columbia. The trip involves two ferries: the first takes you across Puget Sound and the second goes from Port Angelas in the U.S. side to Victoria on the Canadian side. The sun was shinning but the Strait of Juan de Fuca was a total fog - a bit mysterious and it seemed to capture Benjamin's imagination. We ate our picnic lunch on the upper deck.

Victoria was touristy but easy to get around. We parked near where we got off the ferry and it was good to see familiar stores and banks. I was amazed to find that there was actually a rush hour with heavy traffic leaving Victoria. We drove to the town of Duncan and had dinner at a pizza place before calling our friends Teresa and Rowan. The wonders of GPS got us to Teresa's road but her instructions were useful for finding the actual right gate.

Rowan and Teresa's place is amazing: a big farm with cows, sheep, 3 dogs, and 2 alpacas. We had a quick tour before relaxing over peaches and cream and catching up on the past 14 years (Evy and I last saw them in Calgary during our honeymoon in 1994). I think Benjamin and Joshua loved being around dogs again. The kids got to sleep in a second separate building which made them happy.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb