Day #6 on the Road


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Quesnel
July 30th 2015
Published: July 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We've on the road enjoying the freedom of living in our RV for 6 days now. We've stopped in several towns along the way to Quenel. We enjoyed Hat Creek Ranch which we toured and learned about how the wild west used to be. We are now in Quesnel at Roberts Roost RV campsite and enjoying a view of the docks and Dragon Lake. Tomorrow we're heading up to Barkerville where we will stay for 5 days and participate in the Wells Arts Festival.

We're busy researching the best way to get up to Fish Creek in Hyder Alaska to go bear and wild life watching. There are covered walk ways and a large platform where you can watch the bears fish in the river. Check it out on you tube...really AMAZING! It looks like it will be perfect timing as the salmon will be running by then. I'm so excited because I ordered a new 300mm camera lense and sent it up to Prince George and we'll pick it up along the way.

Today we booked the ferry from Prince Rupert to Haidi Gwaii for August 22-29th. It's a 7 hour boat ride. We're taking our RV so that we can tour the islands at our own pace and camp out on the beach in remote areas. Martin bought a bear knife and a machete to protect us. Let's hope he doesn't have to use it! We've been reading up on the history of the Haidi people and it will be intersesting to see the islands and the First Nations people. And of course we will have to catch a fishing trip.. we bought a salmon fishing rod the other day. Have no idea how it works, but I think you just put a worm on it and toss it in the river....then when no one is looking you scoop the salmon out with the net...presto...cedar plank salmon for dinner ;-)

We will post more pics as they come We hope all of our friends and family are doing well and enjoying the beautiful summer weather! Love you all!









Martin and Bev


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



30th July 2015
railways along the fraser

Awesome pics you 2. Looks like fun.
31st July 2015
railways along the fraser

Thanks Reimer!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb