Prince George & Our Farewell


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Prince George
August 30th 2015
Published: August 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our final two nights were scheduled to be in Prince George, British Columbia. We got in about mid-afternoon yesterday. Jim and I had decided we would stay just one night and then start our trip home. Due to some health issues back home, we feel that is where we would like to be. As for our trip, it was fabulous and we visited and did so many things that we had only dreamed of previously. We traveled the full Alaska Highway plus more ... even made a trip to the Arctic Circle. We saw lots of wilderness, as well as a few big cities that kind of shattered the "wild Alaska" image I had. We missed the Northern Lights, but only by a day or so if you believe the "you should have been here last night" stories we heard. The animals we saw were too numerous to count, and the mountain pictures I have are also too numerous to count! The scenery was breathtaking, and some of the roads would also take your breath away. (unbelievable conditions at times!) We saw the seasons change along the roadsides from the time we left until the trip home. We went from being surrounded by mountains to actually seeing farms and ranches the past couple of days. And most importantly, we met some fabulous people on our trip. There were 42 of us on this caravan, and we will truly miss every one of them. I can't believe the friendships that were made ... but then again, we did just spend the past 49 days together.

Once we set up in Prince George, Jim and I had a little mission to do. We have a little "Prince George" of our own, so we needed to run to town and find a little shirt. This was harder than you would think, but we managed to find him one. We went back to the campground to a huge campfire and everyone sitting out "waiting for us". It was a great way to say our goodbyes and share a few more stories with everyone.

We left Prince George early this morning and headed southeast to the USA. Boy that sounded good. Ended up going 650 miles today. I still don't know how Jim does it, but he just won't give in. We found a campsite in a small town near Spokane, Washington. Oh, we did squeeze in a side trip to the Grand Coulee Dam. We were so close & it was hard to pass up, although by the time we got there it was a rather quick stop. As Jim said to me "you'll have to read about it on the internet". He will never change!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.404s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb