jour 14


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I wasn’t planning on going for a dip in Lake Okanogan today. The family was actually planning on going for a morning bike ride and then heading out for Asoyoos. But there I was, late in the afternoon, up to my shoulders in the lake water which I must say is quite chilly this time of year. At least the Ogopogo lake serpent didn’t get me so that was a good thing.

We had said our good byes to Dan and Sheanne after a morning latte (while Victoria Anne and Liam Antoine astounded our hosts by taking an early morning dip in the lake), and with great directions In hand for the day we made our way out for a bike ride along the old Kettle Valley Railroad line whose tracks had been torn up, followed by a trip through Naramata, a visit to Earl and Cecile’s and a clear road East this time. We rode the bike path, after some arm twisting of Liam Antoine, and it turned out spectacular. The slow grade up along gravel road was a bit of a challenge for a few of us but the tunnel views were worth it and the ride back an easy cruise. Even Belle made the trip with us which Liam Antoine will remember well.

As we road back to the RV, a small yellow Alpha Veloce window-less convertible was awaiting us and I had a pretty good idea who it was. Dan awaited us after having summer-ized the boat and suggested a change to our itinerary. Louise and the kids jumped on the offer although we needed to shorten our visit to Louise’s aunt and uncle. We still enjoyed a sumptuous peanut butter and toast and cherries breakfast in great company prior to heading back through the rolling hills to the Moskaluk lakeside resort. With clean feet we boarded the vessel and launched onto the pristine and immense lake. Our 40 km tour of the lower part of the lake consisted of sighting a bald eagle nabbing its flounder prey, luxurious resorts and even Dan’s son Jack at the dock in Penticton. It was upon returning the boat to its perch that I learned of the water’s temperature. I consider myself lucky though as I lost sight of Sheanne a few times as she was assigned the port side and whose head submerged below the surface.

We warmed up quickly though and a vegetarian chilli feast awaited us. We were regaled with many Moskaluk adventures including the days from the great BC north and tales of days gone by. Another beautiful evening by the campfire with an almost full moon and a fireworks display from Jack concluded a wonderful day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



10th June 2012
souper chili

J'aime bien vous suivre. J'ai comme l'impression que vous ne voudrez pas revenir! J'adore les photos de Joseph et Liam Antoine sur les rochers. Ici l'été s'installe doucement. On annonce beau et chaud aujourd'hui (27 degrés). Les enfants ont presque fini l'école...c'est grandement temps. Steven revient d'une semaine au spa à Eastman. Il est tout zen....Moi, ça va sauf pour mon genou qui me limite beaucoup encore. J'en profite pour lire, dessiner des mandalas et faire faire les choses par les autres!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb