Christmas Day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Panorama
December 25th 2006
Published: December 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Christmas morning started at 7 am. Plenty of presents for everyone was loads of fun.
Vince’s new skis were itching to get on the hill and Kelvin was happy to oblige after a day off and new snow.

Many Star Wars and WII games kept Troy home for a bit. Kurtis was busy playing with his new phone.

Troy, Kurtis and I followed later but a bruise on my shin slowed me down too much to ski with everyone. Slow day for me was nice and quiet. A trek by the hot tub and we are all spending a lazy evening waiting for our supper reservations.

Glad to hear that all is well at home at Christmas. I am sure your turkey is just coming out of the oven, potatoes are being mashed and perogies are just starting to stick to one another in anticipation. Mom is probably dashing between the kitchen and the dining room warning everyone which dishes aren't worth eating; of course everything is perfectly wonderful. We will miss the meal but not the clean up.

Christmas time comes with a flood of memories, some sweeter than others. I always remember sneaking out to the living room a little bit early to see what Santa brought this time... you never knew in our 70's house if it would be a motorcyle, a television, new skiis or just a beautifully wrapped box of unknown wonders. Today my boys I'm sure have their own way of describing the memories they have but I pray that they're sorrows will always be flooded with enough sweet times to allow them to have childhood remembrances of joy like mine.

Our thoughts and prayers are for a peaceful and joyful time which you will all remember. It is such an awesome opportunity for all of you to be together. Enjoy every moment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



26th December 2006

everyone came rushing back to se the latest blog, i think you have them hooked. the snow is incredible. we like seeing you in the middle of a snow bank. hope your dinner is good. jane you described what was happening in my kitchen rigth to a tee. the perogies did stick together and i went on and on that the turkey wasnt cooked. it sounds funny, but i didnt think it was cooked enough.
27th December 2006

Merry Christmas
Wow Jane, It sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday. We are all missing you here; you and your boys come up so often in conversation. We really do miss you, none of us can really remember the last time we saw you all. We think it was Kananiskis at Christmas six years ago! That is ridiculiously long! We greatly enjoyed seeing all your pictures. the boys are looking so grown up! I hope you have gotten to see some of ours. Merry Christmas, hope to see you soon! Lots of love, Terice

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb