SUMMER 2012


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Nelson
September 9th 2012
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

MORNING REFLECTIONSMORNING REFLECTIONSMORNING REFLECTIONS

Still waters of Duck Lake reflect the mountains.
Friday, Sept. 7, 2011



We spent the night in a small RV park in the city of Creston. Creston is nestled in a picturesque Valley know for its mild climate and bountiful orchards. It is also known as “The City of Swans” as it is the home of the Creston Valley Wildlife Society with 17,000 acres of lush wetland habitat, 285 species of birds and 57 mammal species. As we left the valley on another perfect morning we drove all the way along the east side of Kootenay Lake on Hwy 3A. The early morning was clear and the water in Duck Lake still enough to give us beautiful reflections of the mountains – too bad there was not snow on the tops of the mountains. At Kootenay Bay we took the free ferry across the lake to Balfour and then on to the city of Nelson. What a beautiful drive this was. Only problem was the road is a narrow mountain road with many twists and turns and few places to stop for pictures – especially when you are hauling an RV!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Small HarbourSmall Harbour
Small Harbour

Many small harbors like this one with sandy beaches and docks for the boats were seen along the lake shore.
Peaceful HarbourPeaceful Harbour
Peaceful Harbour

Waiting for the ferry.
Log TruckLog Truck
Log Truck

There were three loaded log trucks waiting for the ferry along with RV's, cars and lots of motorcycles.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb