Canada Week two


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Merritt
December 3rd 2010
Published: December 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sat 13th Nov-Sat 20th Nov

We stayed with Kevin and Ernie from Friday to Tuesday, on Saturday we went with Ernie and took a walk around the Missionary grounds and went to the look out point with great views over the Fraser River. We then had a nice meal and Julie and Gabriel also came round. Then relaxed in the hot tub on the deck. On Sunday Kevin and Ernie took us on a sight seeing trip to Harrison hot springs and we took a walk around the lake and then went off road driving above the lake on the logging tracks, it certainly wasn't your average Sunday drive and had great views. We headed back down into Harrison for some food and drinks before heading home. On Monday the rain was really heavy so we stayed in the Britty in the morning and then when she went to school we had a look around the shops in Mission and went for coffee. In the evening we had dinner and then watched Love Actually to start off the Christmas mood.

On Tuesday morning Jean and Connor came to the house to collect us and take us back to their house in Merritt where Julie and Glen also live. We stopped on the way back for lunch in Hope and took a short walk along the river to see the old railway tunnels running through the mountain side. The drive was really high up in the mountains so the views were amazing especially as it started to snow. Jean and Connor's house was right in the centre of Merritt which is a ranching town in the mountains and the country music capital of Canada. We had a very english dinner of Shepherds pie. On Wednesday we had a lazy morning and a nice lunch (over the week Jean tried to fatten us by keeping us well fed) before going for a drive by Nicola lake and looking in a couple of craft shops which were Christmas themed. In the evening we went up to Julie and Glen's house which is on the mountain sound with amazing views over Merritt and had dinner with them and the boys. Katy then made Julie make her famous cookies I had heard so much about and they were amazing, luckily she made loads so we took a tub each back to Jean and Connor's and eat them for the rest of the week. When we woke up on Wednesday loads on snow had fallen so we had a snow day and stayed in and played board games with Grady who had the afternoon off school. On Friday we took a walk through the snow in Merritt and looked at some of the shops and then in the evening we went with Julie and the boys to Kamloops and went to the shopping centre and for dinner. Then on Saturday we went with Julie and Glen to Kellowna to watch Gabriel play hockey, we cheered and Katy made a sign to wave.

It had been really good meeting all different member's of the family and we had been very well looked after and very well fed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb