Fort St. John British Columbia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Fort St John
August 18th 2012
Published: August 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Said goodbye to our beautiful view of Muncho Lake this morning. Just before we left, the plane that Jim has on his wish list took off on the lake . I tried to take a picture. Guess you will have to just use your imagination. I also took a picture of the lake to show the green color. In the foreground of the picture, it looks like rocks, but actually there is water covering the rocks. The water is that clear. At that RV park, they generate their own electricity. We had 15 amps. You couldn't run very many things on that. We had a lot of road construction today and some of it was going through the mountains. Road construction is bad enough without it being in the mountains. I also took a picture of Summit Lake which is the highest point on the Alaska Highway (4,250 ft). I thought the blue color of the lake was so pretty. We saw a baby bear this morning but I wasn't quick enough with the camera. I did get a picture of a mountain sheep. There were four sheep along side the road. Yesterday Jim starting noticing that the water temperature gauge on the engine kept getting higher. Last night he checked the antifreeze and this morning he tried to clean off the radiator with a hose at the RV park. When we were climbing hills today, it started again. So, when we reached Summit Lake, he got under the radiator with a flashlight and found the radiator plugged on the motor side. So, when we reach Ft. Nelson, he tried to find someplace to powerwash the radiator. He tried a carwash but they weren't equipped to handle our RV, plus it was going to cost $2.00 for 2 minutes of washing. While he was at the carwash, a guy on a motorcycle told him about a truck wash, but they were closed. But, he followed us and suggested a tire shop who might have a pressure washer. The owner of the tire shop let Jim use the pressure washer for 2 hrs. but only charged him l hr of shop time. So far, the temperature has stayed down. So, we were late getting here today. Didn't get here until after 8:15. Since the park closed at 10:00, we had to get something fast. So, we took Charlie and Ruth to McDonald's for their 45th wedding anniversary!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb