Fort Nelson to Liard and Liard to Teslin Lake, YT


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left Fort Nelson bright and early to beat some of the heat. Had a long drive to Liard Hot Springs but arrived safe and sound and oh what a treat to soak in some natural hot springs at the end of driving.

Official animal count is 2 bison 2 bears now and a beautiful bald eagle on the way to Liard.

Had another soak in the morning with no one else there but Ken and me. It was wonderful.

Then on the road again to Teslin, YT we are making some good time. Fuel gets more expensive and we paid $1.73 a litre for diesel just north of Liard Hot Springs but cheaper in Watson Lake, YT (they don't pay the 18% fuel tax here).

We are making good time and have managed to enjoy ourselves so far.

We do not have cell service anywhere here, am hoping that we will in Whitehorse but will have to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



3rd July 2013

lovely pictures
thankyou for including me in you're travels, was at liard hotsprings did you go to the top one it is too hot to get into anyway have fun ,love you
4th July 2013

Hi Mom, Top hot pools are now closed permanently. It was nice just to soak in the pools. Went up early in the morning and we were the only ones there. The water at the top of the pool is boiling - I made my way up there and put a rock on the ledge (that is the challenge) and then backed away. Nice though smelt a bit like the old farm haha.

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.6kb