SUMMER 2012


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Cranbrook
September 5th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Coeur d'Alene to Fairmont Hot Springs.

Today you could say I was in the "Hot Seat" all day. As we left Coeur d'Alene and headed North toward the Canadian border I was in the passenger seat with the morning sun streaming through my window. After lunch I was in the driver's seat with the afternoon sun streaming through the window!! Don't know how that happened! (I DO!!! DH)

The morning drive was through very pretty country of farms, cattle ranches and Pine forests. However, once we crossed into BC there was a dramatic change. Here we are back where there are REAL MOUNTAINS!! We are on the west side of the Rockies and they are awesome. Too bad they are bare at this time of year, but they are still quite spectacular. Drove up to Fairmont Hot Springs for two nights. We were here last in 1982 with our 4 children. A very beautiful spot, but times have changed - it is now very expensive just to camp here. Got quite cold through the night but we are very comfortable in our RV with the electric heater. Not sleeping in a tent like my brother Robert and his wife Marge in Australia where they woke up to frost on the ground! "Just a bit nippy" they said.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb