The Deer are Red?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
June 2nd 2006
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello there,

Hope everyone is well, all is good here on the Canadian front! No travel blog updates for a little while because to be honest I haven't really done much lately...

Been fairly busy with some school cricket visits, currently in the city of Red Deer @ Central Middle school for 3 days teaching some budding Canadian stars. Red Deer is aboot 1.5 hrs North of Calgary and home to around 70,000 Red Dearians. Staying with the PE teacher Rob Willms & his lovely family at their home and having a great time. Rob fixed up a great feed of prawns and pork ribs first night & suffice to say his beer fridge is a touch lighter... Watched a couple of ball games and ice hockey (Edmonton who are the Flames arch rival made the bloody Stanley Cup final and will probably burn Whyte avenue down if they win!).

Off to Banff this evening with Matt, Grant, Amanda & Lyn to hopefully kayak lake Louise and walk the mountains.

Went 5 pin bowling last weekend, like 10 pin but with a smaller ball with no holes in it (just grip and rip). Knocked up a lazy 202 in the 2nd game to whoop the experts Matt & Mukul who had been quietly confident of upsetting the new guy... Also decided I am a baseballer trap in a crickerters body after we hit the batting cages near home. GOLD! this thing just flings balls at you between 50-80mph and when you connect it screams! I hit one foul ball in my first 20 attempts in the fast pitch until I got some timing, love it, going back soon...

Thanks for the phone calls and msg's, go blues!

Photo's to follow shortly

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb