Edson, Alberta


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
July 26th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

GolfGolfGolf

You don't have to know much about golf to know that this guy didn't par the hole!

Edson, Alberta

 North America » Canada » Alberta By Danielson
July 26th 2007

We left Edmonton and are planning on driving through Banff National Park, but figure we’d be wiser to avoid the weekend, so we’re going to stay in Edson…a very small town about an hour or so from Jasper (and the Park entrance) We’re stay in a place called “East of Edson” Clever, huh?

There are many ways that Canadian and the US are alike, but many more ways that we’re different. Here (in Alberta) if there’s someone in the crosswalk, or close to the crosswalk, the cars stop. The fine for them is $535.00 if they don’t. The fine for speeding is $250. These people are serious about their laws, I’d say. The difference between a law and a suggestion is the size of the fine!

Here are some signs that are different than any we’ve seen at home!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

New speed limit?New speed limit?
New speed limit?

Bob got really excited until he realized it was kilmeters...62 mph American!
Say what?Say what?
Say what?

We don't have a clue what this means. but some times of the year you get to keep all your tires down, not just 75% of them.
Tough workersTough workers
Tough workers

Apparently construction workers in Canada can tolerate higher speeds than in the US!


Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.2082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb