Our first work day!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

CrewCrewCrew

Our Prairie Bible Institute: Me & Him, Rose and Fred, and Bea and Barney.
Our first work day! We began with group devotionals, and then the women went to the library, and the men went to run big, covered lawn mowers. Bob thought it was a great time, and at noon he said it was going to be very hard to stop working at 3:30. They’ve had lots of rain here too, and between all the grass they have to mow, and a shortage of workers and non-raining hours, the grass is out of control. As it turned out, the men stopped mowing at 2:00 because of the downpour, as well as thunder and lightening. There was a crew of young men laying sod, and they continued in spite of the rain.
The gals from Rau School are going to love my job: We had to clean the room behind the library! Seriously! We are to sort through boxes and boxes of donated books and tapes, and divide them into rough categories, but mostly just get them out of boxes. After we get them sorted, we need to check each book in the computer to see if the library already owns it, and then deal with it in one of several ways. The bad part of the job is finding books and books that I’d like to read!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb