Two local pics, but several from Victoria, BC.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
December 19th 2006
Published: December 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It's been awhile. We have not traveled far but life has been far from dull. We took a wee harvest from our garden completed with the spuds in September. In Oct we took a trip to Calgary to celebrate the 25th anniversay of the Bennets, seen in the second picture. Much else has been going on but a most significant sad event was the passing of a brother-in-law, Tom Miller, in Victoria BC. We took a quick trip out there and joined with many family members for the services and isn support of Don's bereaved sister, Sheila.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

HarvestHarvest
Harvest

Our small garden does produce, sufficient for us to enjoy some winter storage but mostly just fresh veggies as they mature. The potatoes look mighty good.
To Calgary with FriendsTo Calgary with Friends
To Calgary with Friends

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of one couple, we all enjoyed a day's outing in Calgary, concluding with a feast at Red Lobster.
A somber weekend visit for Tom's funeralA somber weekend visit for Tom's funeral
A somber weekend visit for Tom's funeral

Here is Don; daughter Tami, over from Hadlock, WA; Rose; d-in-law, Janine from Edmonton, and Melissa (Brian's goood friend) beside Brian, all in front of his apartment in Victoria, BC.
Sunrise at the beach, Victoria, BCSunrise at the beach, Victoria, BC
Sunrise at the beach, Victoria, BC

Just two blocks from Brian's residence, this popular seaside site attracts many exercisers and other visitors, including me, Don this day.
Looking southerly, from 'Victoria Beach'Looking southerly, from 'Victoria Beach'
Looking southerly, from 'Victoria Beach'

Just another view from the same beach. The west coast has been battered by high winds this fall and much debris was afloat along this shore.
Don's sister Sheila with Mom's flowersDon's sister Sheila with Mom's flowers
Don's sister Sheila with Mom's flowers

A brave smile hides the underlying deep sorrow Sheila is bearing the day before the funeral for her beloved Tom who unexpectedly succumbed to a massive stroke at age 65, Nov 13, 2006.
The PiperThe Piper
The Piper

Stands ready to pipe the final farewell to Tom as we stood silently in honor of his memory after the service.


Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb