Day 10-Monday, May 22, 2017--Hinton,AB to Dawson Creek, BC


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Hinton
May 25th 2017
Published: May 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Up at 5:30, temperature 41°, supposed to go into the 70s today. Today was basically a travel day with limited stops in between on the way to Dawson Creek. The The first leg of the route took us on the Bighorn highway toward Grand Prairie. The big horn highway is a 204 mile route connecting yellow head highway 16 and I weigh 43. It is a two Lane paved highway with moderate Grades and curves and good mountain views. We saw much logging activity as well as signs noting re-four station projects within the first 45 miles of the road.
We stopped for a picnic lunch at Kakwa River recreation area. Peggy insisted on walking in the woods looking for bears and caring her cowbell despite the fact that the bell is supposed to scare off the Bears when they hear the sound.
We arrived in Dawson Creek and stayed at the Northern Lights RV Park. They had great shower and laundry facilities. The only "quirky" element was their rule that you couldn't wear shoes from the outside into the building. You have to take your shoes off at the door and leave them on the mat and walk around barefoot or with socks on! Strange, but "when in Rome…" I was thinking of calling the Board of Health (not).
Cocktails, dinner of chicken pot pie which Dorrie made once we figured out how to light the pilot light. Game of cards with the crew and to bed around 10, actually 11 (body clock time) since we gained an hour moving from Mountain to Pacific time in British Columbia and it's beginning to feel like "... if this is Tuesday, we must be in Belgium".
I've added some extra pictures to this post which may be out of sequence, but due to the fact that we haven't had regular Internet access, matching the pictures up with the actual day of events is becoming more difficult.
Miles today--299
Total--2450


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb