HINTON TO GRANDE PRAIRIE


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Grande Prairie
July 3rd 2011
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

2011-07-03 Grand Prairie2011-07-03 Grand Prairie2011-07-03 Grand Prairie

One of the many interesting signs you will see at RV parks.
2011-07-04 - DAY FOUR
HINTON TO GRANDE PRAIRIE
Today’s drive took us on the scenic route 40 paralleling the Eastern side of the Willmore Wilderness National Park. Driving in Alberta reminded me a lot of Wyoming. Almost everyone drives a pickup so they can pull their RV or Quads or Boat!! This area is certainly a huge playground, and because it was the weekend of July 1 Canada Day and July 4 Independence Day in the US, we passed many groups out for a fun filled weekend. The country was very beautiful in its vastness, something that you cannot capture on the camera. Everything was so green – many shades of green – just as if it was early Spring, and the wild flowers along the side of the road were blooming profusely. Our camp site in Grand Prairie was tucked in under the large trees giving us the feeling of camping out in the woods. A very lovely spot!!
Some of the signs you see around RV parks can be quite interesting e.g. "Speed Limit: One foot on the brake" or "If God meant for you to go fast he would not have made old people who cannot get out of your way", as well as the one we photographed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb