Day 109 - Canmore here we come


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Canmore
August 17th 2013
Published: August 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We traveled a total distance of 56 miles from Lake Louise to Canmore, Alberta today. The clouds were pretty scary, but it only rained on us for a little bit. We are now staying just outside the east gate of Banff National Park. On the road from Lake Louise we went under several Wildlife Overpasses. Canada has built these overpasses to help the wildlife cross over the busy highway. This not only helps the wildlife, but the cars that would hit them. They also have underpasses that do the same thing. Wonder why the US hasn't thought of such a great idea. We have full hook ups and a laundry here so we spent the afternoon getting caught up on household chores. After a short nap we decided to check out the town of Canmore. Joe was told about a road that would lead us up the mountain so off we went, up the dirt road to the top of the mountain. There we found a runoff lake from the mountains that were even higher behind us. The lake had a dam and water is slowly sent down a long pipe to the town of Canmore below. Looks like a pretty good system. They get plenty of snow in the mountains so why not capture the runoff.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb