Last and Final Entry


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Canmore
July 31st 2013
Published: July 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well we made it home all in one piece. We have travelled over 9000 kms and had one flat tire (went flat while we were parked in a campground) and only used our extra gerry can once to add fuel to our truck. Have met some unforgettable people and seen some unforgettable scenery. Drove some unforgettable roads and some that I would like to forget (we have driven on some rough roads but have to honestly say that these are the roughest roads we have ever travelled on).

What a vast an amazing state Alaska is. Everyone we met was so hospitable and welcoming and I can see why you would may want to make it your home.

Drove long days to enjoy a few days rest and was well worth the time spent on the road. Stayed up well past our bedtime just because it was not dark enough to go to bed. Tried some reindeer sausage and it was very tasty along with some pretty good Alaskan beer!

Trip of a lifetime you bet!!!!! Would we do it again? Not in the truck and trailer but you never know would love to go and see the Aurora Borealis - they say it is spectacular.

For all our friends on Facebook I will be uploading the hundreds of pictures we took when we get back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb