random in banff


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
August 12th 2005
Published: August 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys.

So the idea of me staying in one place for more than a few days on a road trip seemed so ridiculous that i randomly ended up in banff two days ago. Val ended up in edmonton half way through the trip and was heading to whistler the next day, so of course we had to come to banff on the way through. That night i took her to every bar in town. Matt wood kindly hooked us up when we were in need of a place to rest our drunken selves.....the next day i took val on a tour of banff......drunk still and beginning a hang over.

with banff being so transient, i wasnt really expecting to walk down the street and recognize anyone. i have run into many long lost friends in the last few days, i have just been bumming around basically, i have never really been so care free....i have absolutely no schedule at all. I come home in a few days, so as long as i get my ass to calgary by the 17th, i am laughing. last night was yet another gong show. other than partying and such, i have been tracking down old buddies that are still lingering in the town. its been good times. monday i am hiking cascade mountain. should be solid.

anywhom, i just thought that i would give you guys an update on my random solo road trip. seems like like just happens....and it happens for a reason. with the right additude, life takes you where you want to be, regardless of whether you planned it or not. i have met some more amazing people in banff, and to think that i would not have met them if i stayed in edmonton is a crazy thought.

my new favourite quote is actually from a buddy of mine in fairmont....

"in the end, everything is fine; and if it's not fine, it's not the end."

hope all is well, i will see you all soon.

much love,

em
xoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb