End of Snowboarding


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
February 13th 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Frozen WaterfallFrozen WaterfallFrozen Waterfall

The waterfall at the top of Johnstone Canyon.
Well here it is, the end of the snowboarding. Sorry I havent updated for a while but its been pretty hectic and not really much to tell. Almost everyday has involved getting up about 8, catching the bus to the mountain, then boarding all day till about 3 before catching the bus back to resort to eat and sleep. Not very exciting but I am much better at snowbaording!
We did have a couple of days off last week to do the touristy things - we caught the gondola up Sulphur mountain that overlooks Banff then went for a dip in the hot spring (38C in the water, -8C out of the water. 1 tip: dont get your hair wet)
We also went for a hike up a canyon to see a frozen waterfall. Very pretty.

Then it was back to boarding for the last week. Of the 3 mountains to choose from I spent 11 days at Sunshine Village, 9 days at Lake Louise and 1 day at Mount Norquay. It only snowed once in the first 3 1/2 weeks and I finally got to see some powder on the last 3 days. And I crashed into a tree, but the tree came off wose than me.

We get on a plane in a few hours to go back to the UK for 3 weeks before flying out of Heathrow to Honkers on Monday 5th March. Cant wait for the jabs.

See you soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BanffBanff
Banff

Taken from the top of Sulphur mountain with the Banff Springs hotel in the foreground
CloudsClouds
Clouds

Clouds. Very good to look at, not good to snowboard through


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb