Jasper and Banff National Parks


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff National Park
August 24th 2009
Published: August 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We spent 2 days in Jasper and 3 days in Banff National Parks. More beautiful scenery. Sometimes you almost get scensory overload. Both areas are very touristy. Banff had a bus system that ran right to the park, so it was very easy to get into town. Canada does a great job with thier campgrounds and parks.
While we were in Jasper we rode out to Magiline Canyon , Medicine Lake and Magiline Canyon. We took a nice little boat tour. I always love being on the water! Beautiful Glaciers, mountains and even a moose by the lake.
In Banff we took the bus to the gondola, decided we did not want to spend $60 bucks to go to the top of the mountain. We walked over to the Hot Springs, but I have a chest cold, and the steep climb wiped me out. Next we visited the Banff Springs Hotel. It was built by the railroads to attract tourists. They don't build hotels like this anymore. It reminded me of a castle.
We left the parks and actually went through 3 more National Parks on our way out of Canada. There were large wildfires in the area and too much smoke to get any good photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Magiline CanyonMagiline Canyon
Magiline Canyon

This canyon was over 50 meters deep
Ed trying to steal the BurgerEd trying to steal the Burger
Ed trying to steal the Burger

Eddies Burger Bar, Banff
Cucumber and Pomegrante MojitoCucumber and Pomegrante Mojito
Cucumber and Pomegrante Mojito

Banff Springs resort


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb