Day 20 - Bermuda


Advertisement
Bermuda's flag
North America » Bermuda
April 4th 2017
Published: April 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We had planned a whole day tour of Bermuda for today, but George is still unwell. We are getting a little concerned about this now.

After a late breakfast, we headed out into the Dockyard area. This is all very touristic and not really our cup of tea although still quite a nice stroll for us.

We did visit the glass factory and found that to be very interesting. The guy running the manufacturing side was very knowledgeable and was happy to answer all questions. It was very interesting watching him make many items just from a blob of melted glass. Would have liked to buy an item but the prices were really expensive.

Back on the ship, we spent a couple of hours getting some unexpected sun before lunch. George then headed back to bed and Theresa caught up on some blog work.

We left Bermuda at about 6.00pm and from here on, we are at sea until Monday 10th April when we arrive in Funchal Madeira.

The seas are becoming notably rough now and we are so glad we are on a bigger ship. The Silversea Silver Spirit cruise liner was in Bermuda when we were there and left about 2.00pm. She is about half the size of Norwegian Epic so they could be in for a bumpy ride. It was not hard to see this smaller ship was struggling. Silversea Silver Spirit is heading for the Azores Portugal so is scheduled to follow our passage across the Atlantic.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



4th May 2017

How lucky you are with the bottles ? really champagne or similar ?
4th May 2017

How lucky you are with the bottles ? really champagne or similar ?
More like Cava but good
7th May 2017

Day 20
Do hope George is on the mend soon. Amazing what they can do with a blob of glass, shame it was expensive as would have been a nice keepsake George look in his elliment now he has found a police vehicle

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb