Catching up


Advertisement
Bermuda's flag
North America » Bermuda
June 27th 2015
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The day was warm and sunny. Juice and coffee in the room followed by a buffet breakfast. I enjoyed my smoked salmon with capers and cream cheese and fresh fruit. Everyone else had eggs.



We started to explore the ship. The pool area was cheek to jowl with few lounges available. We checked out Rendezvous, Celebrity's answer to the Crows Nest, the other bars and bistros and ended up in the casino where I signed up for the Hold 'em tournament. We found the fitness center where Donny will work out in the morning. At ten it was very, very crowded. Around noon we headed to the grill for hot dogs and hamburgers. Both were very good. Now it was time for poker. I was down to my last few chips and went all in on a 7, deuce never expecting to win....but I did and ended up in 2nd place. Walked away with $250 net $180.



We walked around looking for a bar for a celebrity drink. Most of the venues were occupied by sales folks; the art auction, acupuncture, martini tasting so we headed back to the casino where the slots tournament was happening. It was so noisy that we took our drinks to a lounge area and put up with the acupuncture talk.



After a brief nap it was time to dress for our first formal night. I have to say that we clean up pretty good. We requested a table on the same section as the previous night and were treated to a table by the window. Joe and I had a hard time deciding. We opted for frogs legs, A+, chilled pear and honey soup, B, Joe had the duck, A-, (only because nobody can cook duck like Joe's mother). I had the less successful Scampi, C, as did Anita while Don had the beef cooked his way and gave it an A. Our waiter, Nelson, looked like a young Tony Bennett and treated us like royalty.



Joe and I headed to bed while Don and Anita continued the party. A rain front moved in overnight and Mother Nature put on quite a light show. We woke up to a rainbow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb