Bermuda


Advertisement
Bermuda's flag
North America » Bermuda » Hamilton
May 18th 2016
Published: May 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 12 - Monday, May 16, 2016 - At Sea in morning - Hamilton, Bermuda in afternoon- Weather forecast: mostly sunny - temperature: 23°C/73°F - actual temperature: 26°C/79°F - winds 40 knots, 9 Beaufort



The morning until 10:00 we were out of sight of any land and then in the distance Bermuda emerged from the sea. The pilot came out and we approached the harbour where Hamilton rests from the St. George end of the island. The approach was like threading a needle with a very clear set of boundaries marked off with buoys.



We had retired to the Crow’s Nest to watch the approach and I went up on Deck 13, actually the roof over the Crow’s Nest, to watch the proceedings. I had to leave my hat behind as it was extremely windy. While I was away Brooke and Brad took part in the Team Trivia Challenge conducted by the Cruise Director Sarah. While we were having a light lunch in the Lido the ship finished its docking and then we joined the long line of passengers going ashore.



Brad headed off to the public library where there was free Internet, as he wanted to catch up on his mixed marshal arts fights that had taken place Saturday night. While he was doing that Brooke and I wandered about first to the Cabinet House, then the Anglican Cathedral, the bus depot to get some two day passes, and finally to Marks and Spencer where I picked up a pair of Bermuda shorts, since I had forgotten to pack any.



The repetitive part of this narrative is that our head colds are knocking our energy levels way down and literally exhausting us, so we retired to the ship for an afternoon nap. We awaked just in time for a light dinner followed by more rest for Brooke, writing for me, and more movie viewing for Brad. He did explain that he caught most of the fights he wanted to see but Internet connectivity at the Library started to go amiss and he had to change locations several times to get to see what he wanted. He might try again tomorrow morning as a follow-up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb