Dubai (repeated)


Advertisement
Middle East
April 22nd 2006
Published: August 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

desert bbqdesert bbqdesert bbq

see that giant ball of fire in the corner? that is our dinner cooking.
Blog 73432 repeated
Doh! deleted blog by accident-


hi everybody!

have some time to kill before an interview so heres wat i been up to,

was fine on the plane, was deaf in 1 ear for a while though, first plane didnt have t.vs in seats though and nat was pretty gutted, 2nd 1 did and she let out an entirely inappriate F*** YEAH! with fist pump action. but she spoke to soon coz the hostess asked up to move from our mint seats at the front of aisle to shitty back one for a girl who had been freakin out on the last flight and our tvs didnt work and we had low riders in front of us.stink.

We arrived in Dubai after 20+ hours of travel to find that our dodgy as hotel had 4 nightclubs, 1 british and 3 different kinds of indian! so it was no sleep for us, at about half 3 the music stopped, the fire alarm randomly kept going off (didnt hear screaming so assumed it was ok) and there was a pigeon inside our airconditioning! then the loud speaking from the mosque stared wailing away, then it was time to get up.

went for a tour of city witha man who couldnt understand what we were saying and vice versa. it was..interesting. there were no seat beats and he drove at about 160km right up the arse of other cars, in between lines, through red lights and give ways, we were scared for our lives!
The gold souk was insane, some of the naffist jewerly known to man and the shops went for miles and miles.
went for a four wheel drive in the desert, we get out there the driver says " out now" and then leaves us there!. in the desert!. we figure we suppose to take photos but there sand, and that about it. and rubbish, i tried to make a sand castle but desert sand is lame, it just kept blowing away! wen he came back after 20mins we flew up, down and sideways around the dunes all the while he is texting and talking on his cell fone! me and nat were giggling nervously in the back while everyone else was dead silent. until one girl threw up. this made the driver angry so he drove even worse and she continued to throw up, after this there was camel rides and a bbq in this big arena-type place complete with souvenirs shops. in the midle of the desert!

pretty much the only other chicks we saw were toursit to, saw about 7 ladies in burquas, but were mostly men, sleazy as men, wearing man-burquas (??) (on cell fone head sets!) you know how when someone is staring and you see them and they look away? yeah, that doesnt happen- you look at them like " yeeeeeeessss?" but they just keep staring.

on our last day went to wild wadi, a water park which was pretty much the awesumist place i ever been- nat bruised her butt though on this high as speed slide where half the time you werent even touching the slide, just getting blasted through the air by water jets, one ride went for ages going up and down and threw a black black hole. it was by that big sail hotel and was really pretty, most of the buildings were really pretty, modern and clean, which is the opposite of london.

arrived in london on saturday morning, went to sarah and logans, then to the pub, then to the park with a portable bbq and cooked some sausages, i spent 2 days in dubai which was freakishly hot and i got sunburnt in london !!! !!! !!! who woulda though it! spent yesterday on oxford st, took about 4 hour to move less than 100m (sorry logan) the shops are fan-freakn-tastic! sooo many people though which freaks me out a bit. then we went to the pub (the walkabout a kiwi/aussie place similar to the outback)- on a sunday and it went off! meet up with camilla, there was a band, drank snakebites (which are pretty tasty, which may be a problem!) it was really busy and heaps of fun.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

BeachBeach
Beach

yes dad that is tiny surf
Wild WadiWild Wadi
Wild Wadi

Entrance, doesnt capture the essence of awesomeness of inside


Tot: 0.522s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb