Eilat and Petra


Advertisement
Middle East
May 31st 2007
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

So after finishing our travels- we went to Belgium for several weeks and were craving for some sight seeing.

We came to Israel for a visit and decided to head south to Jordan and cross a border, for old times.........

We spent 2 nights in Eilat, which is the ultimative resort place- hotels, sea, restaurants, etc. It was really great to be in the sun, sip Goldstar and enjoy the chilling and clear water of the Red Sea.

Then we crossed the border and took a taxi to Petra. We checked in a hotel and went to check out the lost city- Petra, the capitol of the Nebatians. The city of Petra is carved into rocks. To get to this city you will have to walk about 1 km through a high natural gorge, that's called the Siq. At the end of the gorge there is the treasure, the best kept facade in Petra.

We were running around, up and down for several hours, till the heat and exhaustion took control.

It was really impressive and truly beautiful. It's so old and so interesting what humans managed so many years ago.

The next morning we took a bus back to Aqaba. On the way the driver stopped for some bedouin (the tribes of the desert) kids, to give them a ride to school and even gave them some pocket money. It was really nice to see.

Now we're back in the center of Israel for another week, before going back to Belgium.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb