Day 24 – Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates
October 6th 2016
Published: October 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately, the workmen at the building site across from the hotel decided to work all night, so we have had very little sleep. They seemed to stop at about 5.00am, probably to go to prayers, so we took the opportunity to get some sleep then. So no visit to the roof and the swimming pool this morning, and no room service breakfast either. Just time to have a shower and finish the packing before it is time to check out for midday.

Our final hotel in Dubai is the Ibis One Central in the World Trade Centre area of the city. We have had much debate about where we would stay for these last four days. We wanted to stay in Al Rigga, where we stayed first last year, but travelling to, from and through this area isn’t easy. The Ibis is just a few stops on the metro from Al Rigga, so we can maybe go there for dinner one night.

The hotel is just like all the others in the Ibis chain and has everything that we will need for our short stay. Importantly, the room is not damp. George is still feeling slightly under par today.

After unpacking, we venture out of the hotel to the surrounding area. The hotel is in the Trade Centre area and right next door to the Convention Centre. This weekend, there is electronics fair within the centre, and there are thousands of people in the area. Also lots of police and security firms ensuring everyone behaves themselves. You simply would not believe the amount of people exiting the area carrying 56 inch wide screen televisions and we are not joking.

We have decided to try out Elevation Burger for tea tonight. They are little further along the Sheikh Zayed Road, on the other side. As we are right by the metro, we use the bridge connected to it to cross the busy road. No safe way of getting across the 12 lanes otherwise.

Elevation Burger advertises high quality organic burgers from grass fed cattle. They certainly lived up to all the advertising we had seen. They were even better considering we had an entertainer voucher for buy one burger get one free.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb