Go With The Flow


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates
March 19th 2016
Published: March 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well, it has been a few days, but have not been in a port till now. We were sailing from Mangalore, India to Oman when a contractor injured himself by falling and breaking pelvis, hip and elbow. It took hours for the ship's personal to extract him. ( Rumor is that he fell down a stack) We heard rumors of a helicopter extraction as we changed course to Mumbai. However, we ended up sailing into Mumbai early morning a day and 1/2 later. They transferred him to a tug with local medical personal and then we turned and sailed to Dubai, thus missing Oman. We arrived in Dubai about 5 hours late, so disembarked around 6:30 pm. Got on the Big Bus tour and went to the Dubai Mall to catch the late night lights tour. Wow, what a huge amount of skyscrappers and neon lights. Today got back on the Big Bus tour and went around the older part of Dubai. Sailed on the "Creek" in a dhow looking at all the traffic on this short waterway. Then circled back around and went to the Gold Souk. Ended up the afternoon into the evening at a desert sunset camp with camels, falcons, and sand. Dubai is a a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. Granted it reminds me of Las Vegas with shopping malls instead of casinos, but there is history and culture as well. Bad wi-fi strength here in the cruise terminal so will post photos later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb