Sue's 50th Birthday


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
December 30th 2016
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.27, 55.33

Today is Sue's 50th Birthday, time to celebrate in Dubai. We had a sleep in till 6am!! Yay!!
This morning, after checking times for our tours, took the train to the Burj Khalifa, this time a little more relaxed, (? That's not how I remember it) but still needing to be back at the Hotel by 2pm, we split up so we could each discover the many shops at this enormous shopping centre.
We were picked up in a 4 wheel drive and after picking up 4 more people we headed out into the desert, approximately 1 hour away. The desert is full of 4WD cars and there must be over 1000 out there as the side of the highway was full of cars and busses with no one in them. There was about 15 cars in our group. We had to wait till 4pm then all set off in a convoy at breakneck speed across the sand dunes. Great fun with the car sliding and dropping suddenly off the top of the dunes only to roar back up and attack another one with sand flying everywhere. A few stops here and there for photos, and we were off to an area set up in the desert for Camel riding and dinner with show. We rode the wild camel that attacked anyone within reach. The show was a Twirling Dirvish and then a Belly dancer. Sue even managed to buy a glass of Jacobs Creek Shiraz all the way over here in the Desert. The dinner was great, so much food, and dessert was Arabian Sweets. Our trip back to Dubai was tiring, falling asleep along the way. Approximately 9pm, the Burj Khalifa had a special light show, great to see. Time for a quick sleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



1st January 2017

Hi Sue and Clint. Looks like you're having a great time. The desert dune bash would've been a great experience. How's the food? I loved seeing your pictures of Dubai, the ones of the city are amazing. By the way Sue, nice tat. Enjoy your ho
liday and stay safe.
1st January 2017

Clint looks like a big kid in the sandpit starting a new trend....graffiti in the sand.
1st January 2017

Happy 50 sue wow your blogs are great . I feelLike I'm there to , you both look happy and just have n fun look forward to your next blog . Xx
1st January 2017

looks like you had an amazing day for ur 50th sue.
1st January 2017

Ha ha photo bombed by a camel. Cheeky natives.
1st January 2017

Sue in a bottle instead of genie..

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb