First stop Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
February 23rd 2017
Published: February 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

First stop... Dubai.
Although we didn't have the typical Dubai weather it was still great to explore ready for when we head back there.
We had a walk around from our hotel to the old quarter on the first day and on the second day we did the typical tourist "big bus tour".
It was all about saving the pennies when we were in Dubai, and we thought this would be impossible, but, we only spent around £150.00 in our five days there!!
We found an online deal with the big bus company offering all the attraction's you can go to for free so we spent the first two days on the bus - getting wind burnt from the sandstorm on the first day (typical).
We saw the mall and the aquarium in there which was amazing, but not quite as incredible as the one on the palm island, Atlantis I think it was called. We saw the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa, I think we will go up there on the way back.
We also did a walking tour of the souks which was by far the best thing we did, incredibly the Gold Souk has the biggest gold ring in the world weighing nearly 60 kilos and in the souk itself there was about four tones of gold at any one time and there is only ten circulating the earth! So you would think security would be pretty ridged with guards on the shop doors, but nope, none! The crime rate is so low there they don't worry.
They do, however, her rang you to come in and buy, offering up 75% off signs as you look in the windows, but all in all it was a great thing to do.
The museum in the old quarter was OK, but I wouldnt rush to go back.
On the budget we chose we had a great time and really looking forward to going back with a bigger budget to sample the food and see a little more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb