Dubai final day


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
February 4th 2015
Published: February 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A lovely day here in Dubai. We travelled in a spotlessly clean air conditioned train through the outskirts of the city to yet another shopping mall. Everything here is inside a Mall..,I guess it's to keep out if the heat especially in the summer. Again it was very busy therevwere 650+ stores plus restaurants and a new cinema in construction. Staying in the residential area is quite a different experience to the tourist hotel zone. It us much quieter in the day as everyone is obviously at work, and the waterfront is noticeably calm. We are very close to the Royal Yacht Club which we walked past but I did not feel suitably dressed to go in! Those we did see were in designer labels and 6 inch heels dripping with gold! But I guess they do serve alcohol..We are on our water diet again although we were given 2 complimentary cans of 7up! The afternoon was spent near the hotel pool overlookingbthe marina - which felt very grand and was a great way to enjoy the last of the warm weather.
We are off to Cyprus tomorrow and have another early start with a 05.30 pick up but hopefully we will be with Paul and Deb by lunchtime.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb