My 24 Hours in Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
August 12th 2014
Published: November 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I was planning a trip to China to spend two weeks there and as I am booking my trip, I saw the option to fly into Dubai. I have always wanted to see Dubai ever since the city grew in the early 2000s so I gathered some extra money and was able to spend 24 hours in Dubai. Now I can see why many people call it one of the greatest cities in the world! Here is a short summary of my 24 hours in Dubai.

Visiting Sega Republic
Sega Republic is a theme park revolving around Sonic the Hedgehog and other popular Sega games. With over 170 arcade games and 14 attractions, it was hard to not spend all my 24 hours here! My favourite attraction was the Sonic Hopper. This ride took you 9 meters in the air and spun you down towards the ground, acting like Sonic the Hedgehog. There are also many popular arcade games including NBA Hoops, Guitar Hero, and Tank Tank Tank. There are many contests and prizes for playing the arcades, so if you ever get the chance to come here, set aside time for the arcade section of the park. Thankfully the park opened at 10am, so I had plenty of time to explore the rest of Dubai.

Popular Sightseeing Locations
After visiting Sega Republic, I went to see the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa. It is 828 meters high with 160 stories, both records. I was able to go to the observation deck on the 124th floor and see all of Downtown Dubai and the view was unbelievable. As it was getting late, I did get to see the Wild Wadi Water Park on my way to the restaurant. There are over 30 water rides and a fake thunderstorm, making this the largest tourist attraction in Dubai and it’s on my list for the next time I come here!

Roberto's Restaurant
I ended my evening eating at Roberto's, an Italian restaurant located in the financial district of downtown Dubai. The location is beautiful, with a beautiful view of the Burj Khalifa building, lit up at night. The food was delicious, and not a bad price considering the area, being cheaper than many other restaurants in the area. I had the tortellacci, which is pasta stuffed with beef, veal, and spinach with a lovely sauce surrounding it.



After travelling through Dubai, I realised that the next trip I need to take is here. The scenery is beautiful, the people are nice, and there are so many things to do that not even a week would cover it. I rented a hotel room for the night, although I could have rented a villa from AAJ Property, Dubai home specialists, if I had stayed longer than that, and went out on my merry way to explore the city!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb