Desert Safari in Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
April 9th 2014
Published: April 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

My trip started at twelve in the afternoon – the hotel management informed me that my driver was waiting in the lobby and had arrived ten minutes in advance. I made my way to the lobby, from where I was chauffeured to the company rally point which was mentioned a day before. Here, there were other eager customers waiting for our transport to arrive. The company had made a small snack shop in a corner while a glass window gave a view of the beach and a wonderful skyline.

Our host, keeping a friendly disposition, informed us of our way points as well as what will be a part of our entertainment in the safari. At the same time, he cautioned us about all safety measures we should take in the case of an emergency, as well as informing us that a paramedic arrangement was available within driving distance from our whole preset route. This took ten minutes, and as soon as his briefing was complete, our transport had arrived – they were Land Cruisers in good condition, and fully fitted to the taste of the customers.

Once we entered the vehicles, we were driven through the highway to the designated point from where the vehicles went off road. The whole endeavor in the Land Cruisers was breathtaking and must be experienced firsthand. The drivers, careful and meticulous, kept us hanging on our seats as they craftily handled the vehicle through the sand dunes. At times we almost felt that we would topple over, but would not. This whole arrangement lasted for an hour or two – but the thrill and adrenaline that I felt in this whole endeavor made it seem as if it was less than the duration spent.



When the evening sunset was seen, the company led us to a boot camp, where our host took great pains to make sure that all the customers were safe and in good health. He informed us that we will be driven to a restaurant in an hour’s time. We were led to a freshening center, from where we were driven to the restaurant. The company entertained us with a lively dinner arrangement complete with traditional UAE hospitality – belly dancing and traditional Arab music. Once dinner was complete, the company took us to their rally point where we were given mementos of our trip, and I was then driven home from my Dubai Desert trip , happy and fully satisfied.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb