MUMBAI


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 10th 2013
Published: June 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

SATURDAY 8.6.2013 - SUNDAY 9.6.2013
Have had a couple of bouncy days at sea, after starting to cross the Arabian Sea the waves and swell were much larger, laying in bed feeling the ship lurching and creaking was a very weird feeling, thank god for the stabilisers which reduces the movement on board by 75 percent!! Just had to be careful walking the decks on our daily walks - like we had the wobbly boot on. Few people not too well with sea sickness but thank god we were fine. Now up in the Gulf of Oman and much better. Caught a movie in the arvo as it rained quite a bit on Saturday as we moved away from India and their monsoon season, caught up with everyone at our normal bar, Crooners Bar, then dinner with our usual crew,formal night - lobster tails and prawns yummy!!! John order two mains (and he keeps telling me he has to lose weight!!) then caught the comedy show and bed. Today weather was much better but still a little overcast but OK for swimming - John played table tennis for 1/2 hr and still trying to get his clothes dry, and spent a couple of hours by the pool and watched the boat race, they had a boat making comp, which had to be able to sail with 6 stubbies on it - all hand made from scraps of material found on board or what you had in your possession - all a bit of fun! We are off to the steakhouse again tonight with our day excursions buddies (the six of us), looking forward to that. Also caught a cooking lesson this morning which the executive chef prepared and the chief mire DHotel, Neville, who John did a deal with last night for a 1 dozen bottles of wine - they have quite a few good cellared wines down below from America that they need to sell, as they are now changing over to stocking Australian wines on this cruise, so that was a pretty good deal. Boy do people get caught with day excursions one girl I was talking to paid $50 a head for the day (3 of them) ripped!!! We paid our $60 for six in Mumbai. Docking Dubai 7.00a.m. tomorrow leaving 6.00p.m. Have lots of plans but will see how we cope with the heat! We have heard about Melbourne weather, most rain in June for years!!

10.6.2013 Had a wonderful day in Dubai, could spend a few days here to see everything. We did the hop on hop off bus which took us all over Dubai. The buildings are amazing and opulence everywhere! Very warm and dry here 34 degrees but very pleasant in the bus. Had a walk through a couple of malls here Dubai Mall and Emirates Mall, saw the ski run absolutely amazing, went out to the palms development our in the bay and thats something else as well. Took a walk through the souks in the old part, glitzy gold everywhere. 8 hours here not near enough time! photos coming in a few days

Advertisement



10th June 2013

Thanks for your commentary .
No ! Not long enough in Dubai, need at least four nights........ Plenty to see there , and it is an amazing place for sure, especially Palm Island. We enjoyed our stop over there, glad we went. Regards. Norma & Jeff....
11th June 2013

tough life.....my hart bleeds forYou :-)

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb