3 days of thick fog in Dubai, 1200 photos later!


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
January 26th 2013
Published: January 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Winter in Dubai is undoubtedly the best time to be here.. This is when the town is full of tourists,who most likely think this is what Dubai is like all the time?....We have had mild temperatures of 21-28 with lows of 14-18 overnight and the locals & expats donning their winter clothes ( if you have any here, I myself still find this gorgeous 'summer' weather and make the most of being outdoors and feeling a breeze) The locals & expats fill the outdoor cafes and everyone is walking around as much as possible before the heat sets in... Four months from early November until the end of February is definitely the best time to be here.

However it is unusual to see Dubai covered in winter fog. Although the region is known for a few days of fog each year, I have never seen it quiet this thick and lasting for this long.. so I took the most of the opportunity to photograph Downtown Dubai in this beautiful fog....

Three mornings and 1200 photos later, this area of Dubai had been revealed to me in a much more mysterious and moody light. Dubai is mostly seen in full sunlight all day everyday, with temperatures up to 47 degrees, long hot summers, the odd sandstorms and desert haze, but not so often fog!

I have tried to make a selection from the many photos I took so here are some more from day 3 after my previous blog...


Additional photos below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb